In today’s world all are happy with a slim and healthy physique. But as a result of dieting people may lose charm of their face. For some their genes could be responsible. For some they aging could be the culprit. Whatever be the reason sunken cheeks can be treated. People would be open for surgical and non surgical measures. Fat grafting, fat injections, using of fillers are some of the invasive face treatments
According to A. Peter Salas, MD – Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
Adding volume with fillers is an excellent way to turn back the clock and delay the need for more extensive surgical procedures. Juvederm is a filler made of Hyaluronic Acid. There are a number of products containing the same material. these include:
Rastylane, Perlane, Elevess, Prevelle, Hylaform, Juvederm, and Captique
The differences in the products are subtle despite claims made by the manufacturer. The newest products are Elevess and Prevelle. These 2 contain a numbing medicine that decrease the discomfort associated with the procedure.”
The pricing of Juvederm is by the syringe. What you don’t use at the first injection is stored for you until your next injection (up to 6 months). In general the cost per syringe to patients is between $450-$700 depending on rebates by Allergan or specials by physician’s offices.
Being a naturopathy doctor, my knowledge on invasive facial treatments is not up to mark. But I can tell you cost effective ways of increasing volume to cheeks. There are some breathing exercises as well as some external applications. Do pranayama and the external application. If it doesn’t work for you then you can go for fillers. What if patience for 2 months makes you save 450 to 750 dollars for each 6 months?
If you are have enough patience to wait for two months then read ahead and practice it with sincere efforts.
- Before sleeping apply almond oil over your cheeks. Massage gently with finger tips in circular motion for 3 minutes.
- Soak 4 table spoons of fenugreek in half liter of water. Keep it over night. And drink the 4 cups of water drinking early morning, noon eve and before going to bed.
- Make sure you are eating a balanced diet. Add plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. This won’t end you up in increased body weight. But it supplies all the essential nutrients.
- This is not compulsory. Have to try if atleast two of the ingredients are available. Grind 10 thazhuthama leaf [Boerrhavia diffusa], 10 karuka[cynodon dactylon], 10 cheroola/cherupoola [Ervalanata] and add the juice to one glass ash-gourd juice. Drink this early morning.
- Fill your mouth with water or oil. Retain it as long as you can. Then spit it out. Do it as many times a day as you can. If you can do that just once it’s ok. But see that the onetime be early morning after brushing teeth.
- Sit on a mat. Keep your spine straight. Close your eyes. Your concentration should be only on your breathing. Close your right nostril with your finger .inhale through the left nostril. Then close the left nostril too. Retain for a count of 1 to 3[Khumbaka phase] after retention phase open your left nostrils. Exhale through the left nostril.
- This is Chandhranuloma pranayama. Do not have to get afraid of the term. The procedure is simple. But the effect is so powerful. Many deadly diseases are treated with pranayama. Let me come back to my topic with a promise that I will be writing a detailed note on pranayama.
- Second pranayama: Follow the same posture. Keep your eyes closed. Draw your attention to your breathing. Inhale through left nostril closing the right nostril, a very short period of retention, exhale through right nostril. This is a cross breathing. Inhalation through left and exhalation through right.
- Strictly avoid inhalation through the right nostril and exhalation through the right nostril. Also avoid inhalation through right and exhalation through left. These two ways gives you opposite effect. So care should be taken that you do only those Pranayamas whose inhalation is through left nostril and in former pranayama exhale through left and in the latter exhale through the right.
- There are other pranayama practices which I could tell you through a video only. That which will be posted in the site very soon.
Note: Keep your Mind Free Of Tension. Smile from your heart.